2021 Colloquium on International Law Development of International Trade Law in the [Post-]Pandemic Era
Asian Academy of International Law
Chinese Society of International Law
New World Group Charity Foundation
This Colloquium deliberated on various challenges emerged during the pandemic time from the perspective of international law, also bringing to the fore the tantalising opportunities lying ahead in the post-pandemic era. An array of top-tier experts from the academic, legal and business sectors addressed diverse issues pertaining to international commercial dispute with a focus on the pivotal topic of ‘The Quest for Common Codes in Effective Dispute Resolution’. This event has attracted over 600 registrants coming from 46 countries/regions all around the world and was honoured by the presence of Mrs Carrie Lam Cheng GBM GBS (Chief Executive of the Hong Kong SAR), Mr Liu Guangyuan (Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China in the Hong Kong SAR), Ms Teresa Cheng GBM GBS SC JP (Secretary for Justice of the Hong Kong SAR) and Ms Anna Joubin-Bret (The Secretary of the UNCITRAL) along with an array of prestigious speakers.
• It was innovative and shed light on new trends in the legal field.
• Very comprehensive and outstanding.
• Great to hear voices from different parties.
• I’m totally satisfied with the contents. First, lots of specialists shared the development of ODR as a new dispute resolution approach in the post-pandemic era. Second, Professor Gao Xiang introduced historical cases and practical application of the letters of credit that attracted my interest. Third, the application of CISG in Hong Kong was worthwhile. Thanks a lot for delivering so much useful information.
• It was very informative and enlightening.
• Dr Anthony Neoh rightly pointed out in the concluding remarks that the future trend of dispute resolution lies in technology and law as well as the combination of both.