Vision 2030 for Rule of Law International Symposium
Department of Justice, The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region,
Asian Peace and Reconciliation Council,
Asian Academy of International Law
In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the Hong Kong SAR, a series of events are up and coming with the ‘Vision 2030 for Rule of Law International Symposium’ as the occasion to bring to the fore pivotal issues pertaining to the understanding and practice of the rule of law under different jurisdictions, and stage the launch of the Vision 2030 Task Force Report. The Symposium has attracted 873 registrants coming from 48 countries/regions.
• The keynote speeches presented different views in a clear and organised manner and the panel sessions shed light on this topic in different aspects.
• The speakers shared their thoughts from different perspectives and illustrated those with specific incidents and practical examples.
• It helped me know more about the rule of law from the perspective of international law and its practice in different cultural contexts.
• It was comprehensive and rich in content.
• It was interesting and thought-provoking.
Flexible International Law as Response to Global Crises?
Professor Lutz-Christian WOLFF
The Role of Investor-State Arbitration in Promoting the Rule of Law in Economic Sanctions
Professor QI Tong
Elements of the Rule of Law in China in the New Era
Professor TIAN He
Fundamental Elements of Rule of Law - From the Viewpoint of Japan
Professor Yoshihisa HAYAKAWA
Fundamental Elements of
the Rule of Law
Professor ZHAO Yun